CBD oil will NOT get you high. CBD is not psychoactive. This means that it does not change the state of mind of the person who uses it. Thus, there is none of the “heady” fog or dysphoria that many people experience when using THC. Both compounds are found in their respective plants, however, CBD is found to be present in much greater percentages within hemp plants.
Effects of CBD
- Not intoxicating or psychoactive.
- Legal to buy and own in almost all 50 states.
- Believed to have anti-anxiety properties.
- Binds to allosteric receptor sites.
Effects of THC
- Extremely intoxicating or psychoactive.
- Products with over 0.3% THC remain federally illegal
- Is reported to cause anxiety in some users.
- Binds to orthosteric receptor sites.